Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Driftin' down the river!

It was hot today.

The day started out with me going to my "Second Interview." I put quotation marks around it because I really felt like they had already offered me the position, so I wasn't really sure what I was doing there (since I obviously wasn't starting work). We hadn't talked about money or benefits or any of the business side of things, so I figured that's what we would talk about. Turns out I was right! It started out almost like she didn't remember the first interview, but I think that was just a jumping off point for the conversation. I asked her about their benefits, and she was totally acting like I already work there. She asked me to send her my old job description from my last position so they'd have a starting point to create something for me there.

So that was a pretty good beginning! I hate the ambiguous ending though. They're calling me "this week" (sometime). She asked me, "Are you just looking to make what you were making before?" (or something like that) and I said that should be fine, but I was due in July for my annual raise of about $1.00/hour, so (I think) she agreed to that. I hate this not knowing part. I feel like they're going to ask me to start on Monday, but what if they don't?

What if I have to keep looking after all this? That's a frightening thought.

And it just kept getting hotter after the interview. I sweated all the way home (ha! Home!) and when I got here the heat kept rising. By mid-day, I was floating on an air mattress in the pool with Dan's mom. It was nice and cool!

And now I'm finally feeling cooled off. I'm sitting on the dumb leather furniture that is too nice to fart on, it's freezing off my shoulders because I'm wearing a tank top and my bare skin is touching the leather.

I can't wait until the day when we have furniture that we can actually live on and use. The table is too nice to eat on, the couches are too nice to sit on. Blake is going to have mental breakdown soon because he gets yelled at if he even looks at it. As if he has claws coming out of his eyeballs or something! Wouldn't it be nice if we could all curl up on our furniture, and have a snack that just might spill, while wearing spiky clothing that could possibly snag, and watch a movie? Wouldn't that be nice?

Hmmm, somewhere along the way I think I lost the point of this entry. Oh well.

SCARY! I'm in this big farmhouse all by myself, it's 1:00 AM, and I just heard thumping. Turns out it was just Puma, undoubtedly going after a mouse, but just possibly getting chased by Casper. Luckily, that's not the sound of chains clanking, but rather my fingers typing.

Shake if off. Shake it off.

I've decided I want to take a Yoga class. I've never felt like I had any extra money lying around to spend it on something frivilous like a Yoga class. Or riding lessons. Or a writing class. Or getting my hair done (regularly). So now that I'm in Ohio, with dual income and no rent, why shouldn't I get my hair done regularly? And if I wanted, my nails too? (FYI: I don't want).

Let's just hope I get that dual income part!!

I HOPE I HEAR FROM THEM TOMORROW!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails