Thursday, January 03, 2008

9 Degrees Fahrenheit

Yup. That was the temperature when I left the house this morning. NINE DEGREES.


I just wanted to point that out to everyone. The windchill in some places that I've heard is -2 degrees. That is to say, NEGATIVE TWO. Two degrees less than zero. At home, the windchill is a whopping 7 degrees.


Why does it have to get this cold? It's miserable! I'm shocking everything because it's so dry and there's so much static in the air. Every time I stand up at work and then touch something metal, I get shocked. It hurts!


I'm ready for the mugginess that is an Ohio summer. I would even go so far as to say I prefer it. I hate being cold. Everyone says my blood will thicken up, but I'm not sure I see that happening ever. One gal said it took her two winters for her blood to thicken after she moved here. That, to all us laypeople, means TWO YEARS. Two years of being freezing cold, and then the third winter apparently I magically become thick-skinned.


Great. Lookin' forward to it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails