We almost didn't get approved. We had been having a huge personality conflict with the owner of the adoption company, and just the night before had decided that if she was too difficult about it, then that was a sign to just send her on her way and we'd forget about the dogs and keep looking.
The home visit went poorly. I was handling things according to plan (which is not to say I was being graceful about it, but it was still The Plan). But Dan had a change of heart. He could not be philisophical about losing these dogs. He wanted them so bad, his heart was breaking at the thought of not getting them.
So of course, I did what I had to do to make sure we got them.