Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Well said, To Karani

I love the internet! It's always good for a laugh.

I try to stay somewhat informed when it comes to Entertainment News, and today I was surfing around on http://www.cnn.com/. Somehow I ended up on http://www.ausiellofiles.com/ (no clue how that happened) reading an article about a Grey's Anatomy spoiler. But the best part was reading the comments at the end of the story!

Lord have mercy, there are some imbeciles out there!

I can't decide what my favorite part is: Melanie Marie Shifflett Ridner's horrific grammar, repetition of poor grammar, God-awful punctuation, idiocy in general, the fact that she used her FULL NAME, or To Karani's hilarious and spot-on response. I suppose I should confess, technically To Karani's response was not intended for Ms. Ridner because it was posted before hers, but still . . . it makes me laugh because it is juxtaposed right next to hers, so I'm just going to pretend he meant it for her!

Now, just to be clear: I did not exaggerate or change anything. I literally copied and pasted this directly as she posted it. Right down to the last mis-spaced period (of which there are three!).

Exhibit A:
"I love Grey's and if Dereck leaves it will be a bad thing for this great show. Both Grey's and Private Practice are good shows and the writers need to keep them going strong . I watch these two shows and House mainly and know all three are great shows and should work hard to keep them going with the stars that are now on them. Please keep these three shows going for all of us . Television has so went down the drain pipes lately.God knows we need good shows as reality shows are not all that good." (Posted by Melanie Marie Shifflett Ridner)
Exhibit B:
"I feel very sorry for you and your ignorance." (Posted by To Karani)
You know, on second thought: reading her comment makes me wonder if maybe I'm an idiot too for enjoying the same shows as she does. Is watching Grey's Anatomy and all the rest a contributing factor to her dimwittedness?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails