Thursday, March 05, 2009

I'll always remember: seeing 8 Mile in the theater with my mom.

We were dead-set on going to see a movie, but there wasn't much playing in the theaters except for 8 Mile. I remember telling Mom that it probably wasn't really going to be her "thing" because there would be lots of language, etc. But she was game, so off we went.

The theater was jam packed. Every teeny-bopper on the West side seemed to be there. Mom and I had little high-schoolers (they couldn't possibly have been old enough to be there!) on either side of us. The gal next to Mom seemed especially uncomfortable to be next to (gasp! OMG!) a mom.

We both had a good laugh over that one!

My favorite part was after the movie, Mom really seemed to have enjoyed it. She moved on quickly from the over-use of the F-word, and said she didn't have any idea that rap music had a story behind it. She even defended it to Dad.

It was so cute!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails