Sunday, September 30, 2007

I've moved to Ohio!


Funny how it took about 3 months to really feel like I've moved.

I don't know what it was today, but it really hit home that Dan and I live together, and we're not in Oregon. We got up and just had a lazy Saturday morning. Dan got up pretty early and went over the finances and activated our new joint credit cards, and I stayed in bed. We dinked around for a while, then decided we better go to Medina to pick up his shoes from the shoe repair shop. PS: This picture is one I took from the car.

Medina is about 20 minutes away, and something about the day gave me a really strong feeling. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what I was feeling, but it was definitely something. I know part of the story needs to be the word poignant, but that's an adjective to describe how powerful the emotion was, but not what the emotion was exactly. Ah ha, a dictionary to the rescue. What I really wanted was the noun version of poignant: I wanted to say there was a vivid poignancy to the day and in the air around me.

I think it's the fall weather. It's always been my favorite season, and I've never really been able to put my finger on exactly why it's so moving to me. But the red trees, the blue sky, the chilly air . . . it makes me feel very alive. And something about today was so autumn, so pumpkiny, it went all the way down to my bones. And to be with Dan, going about our regular lives which is my new life--I finally got it that I live here.

It is a good thing, but it makes me almost cry.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails